O P E N I N G S
Mancos Creative District Coordinator Job Description
The Mancos Creative District’s mission is to be “Our mission is to build and sustain a welcoming, diverse and active creative culture that benefits the Mancos Valley both socially and economically. The Mancos Creative District has been a state-designated district since 2016.
Our priorities as a district fall into this catagories:
Creativity is Good For Business
We believe our many creative industries are vital to a thriving local economy.
We will work to support our creative communities and the District to foster economic vibrance and income opportunities.
Creativity is Good For Connection
We believe we strengthen our community when we build bridges through creativity.
We will work to foster creative opportunities that build connection, collaboration, and understanding.
Creativity is Good For Identity
We believe there is value in the unique & creative identity of our community.
We will work to amplify the specialness of our community through public art, events, and brand-aware marketing.
Scope of Work:
To further to continue to strength our organization the Mancos Creative District is seeking a contractor who can:
- General Office Duties
- Serve as key point person for the Mancos Creative District and respond to inquiries
- Provide regular updates to the Executive Board and prep for board meetings
- Maintain positive relationships with key partners
- Coordinate fundraising efforts such as grant writing, seeking private donations, fundraising events, etc.
- Provide details of expenses and revenues to the district bookkeeper
- Coordinate programs, projects, events & marketing
Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated communication and management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Proven experience in project management
- Above average computer skills
- Proficient in basic business and online software tools
- 5 or more years project management experience
Funding and Contract Terms:
This is a contractor position, not a regular employee. Pay will be commensurate with experience and agreed-upon monthly hours.
The Creative District is currently funded by a combination grants and state and local funding.
For more information or to submit a letter of interest and summary of qualifications, please contact Betsy Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Mancos Creative District please visit our website at www.mancoscreativedistrict.com or follow us on Facebook or Instagram.