O P E N I N G S
Mancos Creative District Executive Director Job Description
The Mancos Creative District’s mission is to be “A catalyst in creating a vibrant and sustainable economic hub, benefitting the Mancos Valley by empowering our diverse creative community and honoring our rich cultural heritage”. The Mancos Creative District was recognized as one of the official Creative Districts in the state in 2016 and is currently focused on projects that meet our strategic goals:
- Leverage the Mancos Creative District to create economic vitality and promote job creation.
- Build a stronger collective creative community.
- Beautify the Mancos community to attract visitors, help businesses thrive and improve the community’s image.
- Engage the community and its youth in promoting social cohesiveness and understanding through cultural activities.
- Celebrate and honor the cultural heritage of the Mancos Valley.
- Develop a sustainable creative district so that it can continue to promote the Mancos Valley for years to come.
Scope of Work:
To further our strategic goals, the Creative District is seeking a contractor who can:
- Serve as key point person for the Mancos Creative District and respond to inquiries
- Provide regular updates to the Executive Board.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key partners and provide comprehensive reports when necessary
- Coordinate regular fundraising efforts such as grant writing, seeking private donations, fundraising events, etc.
- Track the revenues and expenses of the district and provide necessary reports to the Executive Board in conjunction with the Board Treasurer.
- Oversee Creative District programs, projects, events & marketing
Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Proven experience in accounting and accounting software
- Proficient in basic business computer and online software tools
- 5 or more years program management experience
Funding and Contract Terms:
This is a contractor position, not a regular employee. Pay will be commensurate with experience and agreed upon monthly hours.
The Creative District is currently funded by a combination grants and state and local funding.
For more information or to submit a letter of interest and summary of qualifications, please contact Betsy Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Mancos Creative District please visit our website at www.mancoscreativedistrict.com or follow us on Facebook or Instagram.